Summer Europe Fare – Delta / Alitalia – $880: New York – Milan, Italy. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
The number one request we receive — deals for Summer travel to Europe. There are not that many opportunities left for under $1,000 roundtrip tickets from the US to Europe. Milan continues to be bright spot with the intense competition between Alitalia, American, Delta, Emirates and United.
Delta and Alitalia still has some $880 fares to Milan for nonstop (limited) and some with connections for $901. The best part is that its available for July and August travel. Obviously, these are over our 6 cents per mile criterion.
Sample Travel Date:
- July 10th – 16th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from July 4th – August 25th for Sunday through Thursday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday departures to the United States. Must purchase by June 10th
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: NYC
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: /f .. VHXPR8US
- Destination: MIL
- Return Advanced Routing Code: /f .. VHXPR8US
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- JFK – MXP (Milan) – JFK (use MIL vs MXP as the search and buying criterion)
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover.
Delta will be revenue based mileage earning starting January 1st, 2015. Miles will be earn base on elite qualifying dollars multiple by 5 as base level earning and up to 13 for Diamond level members who purchase with a Delta co-branded American Express credit card. We will be showing the 2015 base mileage earning for all Delta fares going forward to show how negative the changes are for a majority of Delta flyers.
- 2014: 8,026 miles
- 2015: 3,910 miles or a difference of 4,116 miles.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure to select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Delta on Airline 1 and Alitalia on Airline 2
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.73 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.