Normally, the Star Alliance carriers (United, Lufthansa, Air Canada, Brussels, Swiss and Austrian) have similar priced fares from the US to Europe. However, Austrian is pricing over $100 below everyone else.
This fare does not earn miles with United, but does earn 50% with Aeroplan, the mileage program for Air Canada.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 14th – 21st
- Valid for travel on the outbound from November 3rd – December 11th or January 7th, 2015 – March 12th, 2015. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: IAD
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: vie
- Destination: CPH
- Return Advanced Routing Code: vie
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- IAD – VIE (Vienna) – CPH (Copenhagen) – VIE – IAD
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 9,982 miles or 5.7 cents per mile. Austrian is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. This fare will earn 0% mileage with United. It does earn 50% mileage or 4,991 miles with Aeroplan, the mileage program for Air Canada.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select Austrian
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Danish Krone (DKK). $1USD = 5.43 DKK
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.