American is putting certain Caribbean destinations on sale. The price to Aruba is good, but there is one problem with this sale — the really good prices all have overnight layovers on potentially both the outbound and return in Miami. This is bad if you just want to go to Aruba or a positive if you look at it as 2 trips in one.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 13th – 18th
- Valid for travel until June, 2014. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “mia” on both the outbound and return fields to search only American availability. Must purchase at least 50 days advance of departure
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- BOS – MIA (Miami) – AUA (Aruba) – MIA – BOS. Includes a potential overnight layover on the outbound and return.
- One Permitted for free in Miami / Chicago / Los Angeles / Dallas / New York. (That’s per the fare rule, realistically, probably Miami is valid)
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 4,783 miles or 6.0 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on AA.com
- Receive $1 back for using Mr. Rebates prior to booking on AA.com
- American Airline’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Aruban or Dutch Guider (AWG) $1USD = 1.79 AWG
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.