St. Lucia has not been this cheap in forever (and we mean that). The downside? Limited availability and long layovers in Miami on both the outbound and return. Long layovers in Miami can be viewed as a positive or negative, depending on how you look at it.
Availability is limited until about February, 2014. After February, 2014, prices drop to $260.
Sample Travel Date:
- October 2nd – 9th
- Valid for travel until June, 2014. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “mia” on both the outbound and return fields to search only American availability. Must purchase at least 21 days advance of departure
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- LGA – MIA (Miami) – UVF (St. Lucia) – MIA – LGA. Includes a potential overnight layover on the outbound and return. Use NYC as the search criteria on both ITA and AA.COM
- One Permitted for free in Miami / Chicago / Los Angeles / Dallas / New York. (That’s per the fare rule, realistically, probably Miami is valid)
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 5,203 miles or 5.2 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on AA.com
- Receive $1 back for using Mr. Rebates prior to booking on AA.com
- American Airline’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: East Caribbean Dollar (XCD). $1USD = 2.65 XCD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest New York Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.