Airfare Deal – United: New York / Boston / Baltimore – Porto Alegre, Brazil. $771. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
Porto Alegre is the capital of the Rio Grande de Sul in Brazil. What is it known for? Churrasco (AKA: all you can eat grilled Brazilian meats).
The price on the post title is for New York. The price for Boston is $749 and Baltimore is $766.
Update 7/18/2013 @ 3:20PM Eastern – fare gone.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York
- September 3rd – 10th
- Valid for travel from August 12th – December 12th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “iah gig” on the outbound field and and enter “gig iah” on the return field to search for this fare. You can also use a combination of “iah gru” and “gru iah” to connect in Houston then Sao Paulo. Must purchase by July 22nd
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- LGA – IAH (Houston) – GIG (Rio de Janeiro) – POA (Porto Alegre) – GIG – IAH – LGA. The segment between Sao Paulo and Porto Alegre is operated by TAM and does not earn any miles due to the fare class.
- New York: 12,864 miles or 5.9 cents per mile.
- Boston: 13,226 miles or 5.6 cents per mile.
- Baltimore: 12,502 miles or 6.1 cents per mile (included since it is part of the same sale)
- TAM is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. This fare will earn 100% mileage with United and 0% mileage for the TAM portion. The mileage and cents per mile calculation reflects the earned mileage with United.
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and go to Hipmunk.com
- On the From field, enter “NYC::IAH GIG” (For Baltimore, enter “BWI::IAH GIG” without the quotes. For Boston, enter “BOS::IAH GIG” without the quotes.)
- On the To field, enter “POA::GIG IAH”
- This will show the itinerary and will link you directly to United.com to book
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival – $160 – $180. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL) $1USD = 2.22 BRL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.