TAM, the largest airline in Brazil is putting Manaus on sale; it’s the gateway to the Amazon!
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Chicago
- September 4th – 10th
- Valid for travel from August 15th – December 5th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “gru” on the outbound and return fields to search for this fare. Must purchase by August 5th
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- L and U
- ORD – GRU (Sao Paulo) – MAO (Manaus) – GRU – ORD. The segment between Chicago and Sao Paulo is operated by United. Likewise, from Washington D.C. (IAD), the segment between DC and Sao Paulo is operated by United.
- Available for $100. Check for availability.
- Chicago: 13,818 miles or 4.8 cents per mile.
- Washington D.C.: 12,815 miles or 5.2 cents per mile.
- TAM is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. This fare will earn 100% mileage with United.
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and go to Hipmunk.com
- On the From field, enter “ORD::GRU” (For DC, enter IAD::GRU)
- On the To field, enter “MAO::GRU”
- This will show the itinerary and will link you directly to Priceline.com to book
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival – $160 – $180. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL) $1USD = 2.27 BRL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.