All Nippon Airways is putting India on sale also in addition to China. Most fares to India from the US takes transtlantic route. However, going via the Pacific is about the same amount of flying time. Most folks use Delhi as a starting point to visit Agra and the famous Taj Mahal. Just note, it is a long drive!
And for those who does not care about miles, Lufthansa has a fare for about $880 via Frankfurt or Munich. However, that fare earns zero miles with United and US Airways. This fare will earn over 16,000 miles. At a conservative valuation of a penny per mile, you will earn $160 in future travel. Spending an extra $80, you will actually come out ahead by $80.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 9th – 18th
- Valid for travel from September 1st – 30th for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “nh+” on both the outbound and return fields to search for ANA availability. Must purchase by July 30th
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- ORD – NRT (Tokyo) – DEL (Delhi) – NRT – ORD. Includes an overnight layover in Tokyo on the outbound
Partner Fare Class:
- 19,904 miles miles or 4.8 cents per mile. ANA and United are partners. The segments between the US and Tokyo will earn 100% mileage with United while the segments between Tokyo and India will be 50% mileage earning when crediting to United. If crediting to United, you will earn 16,226 miles or 5.9 cents per mile. This is better than crediting to ANA which would only be 25%.
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on ANA.CO.JP.
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Indian Rupee (INR). $1USD = 59.78 INR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.