Most Americans probably heard about Cartagena for the first time with the prostitution scandal involving the US Secret Service last year. Our team member, JT, has visited and said it was a great weekend getaway. Inventory is limited.
Sample Travel Date:
- October 23rd – 29th
- Valid for travel from August 21st – December 15th for Monday through Friday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “ua+” on both the outbound and return fields to search only United availability. Must purchase by July 19th
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- SFO – EWR (Newark) – BOG (Bogota) – CTG (Cartagena) – BOG – EWR – SFO. The segments between Bogota and Cartagena are operated by Avanica.
- 10,896 miles or 5.0 cents per mile. The Bogota – Cartagena segments will only earn 50%. As such, this itinerary will earn 10,490 miles or 5.2 cents per mile
How to Book:
- We were challenged by United.com in giving us a price close to what ITA gave. Hipmunk was best at about $20 more than what ITA was showing.
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and go to Hipmunk.com
- On the From field, enter “SFO::EWR BOG” (or whatever ITA result back as the connection cities)
- On the To field, enter “CTG::BOG EWR” (or whatever ITA result back as the connection cities)
- This will show the itinerary and will link you directly to Priceline.com to book
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Colombian Peso (COP) $1USD = 1,922 COP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.