We posted a deal to Bogota this week from New York. Medellin is also available as part of the sale. Interesting fact: Medellin won the Wall St. Journal Innovative City of the Year Award for 2013.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 12th – 17th
- Valid for travel from August 21st – November 30th for Monday through Friday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “ua+” on both the outbound and return fields to search only United availability. Must purchase by July 22nd
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- EWR – IAH (Houston) – BOG (Bogota) – MDE (Medellin) – BOG – IAH – EWR. Also available from LaGuardia. The segment between Bogota and Medellin is operated by Avanica, a member of the Star Alliance and United Partner. We believe those segments are mapped to U and as such, for Bogota to Medellin, you will only earn 50% credit or 144 miles total vs 288 actual flown miles.
- 7,390 miles or 6.0 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Colombian Peso (COP) $1USD = 1,927 COP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
For more of the latest New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.