This does not meet our 6 cents per mile criterion. However, Europe for around $500 from New York for nonstop service is rare. Dublin is a low cost carrier hub for RyanAir, so you can fly to other European destinations for cheap without backtracking. If you do take RyanAir, do note all the extra fees they will charge you.
Lufthansa’ codeshare flight with United from Newark to Dublin is actually priced lower than the United flight by about $20. You will receive 100% mileage when crediting to United.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 14th – 18th
- Valid for travel from November 1st – December 1st for Sunday through Thursday departures from the United States and Monday through Thursday to the United States. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “lh” on both the outbound and return fields to search only Lufthansa availability. Must purchase by August 8th.
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- EWR – DUB (Dublin) – EWR
- 6,364 miles. Lufthansa and United are partner. Credit to United for 100% mileage.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR) $1USD = 0.76 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.