Fares to Europe for Summer travel are ridiculous this year — we are going to do a small feature for June. If we find fares are that reasonable (qualitative assessment on our part versus the quantitative assessment that you guys are used to from us), we are going to publish it. What is reasonable? $800 – $900. So anything under that, we will publish.
We would personally stay in Budapest – it is our favorite East European city by far. But we know most of you want to go to the likes of Italy, France etc. Wizzair is the largest low cost carrier from Budapest. Search them or use Skyscanner.net to hop around the rest of Europe.
Sample Travel Date:
- July 3rd – 11th
- Valid for travel until August 20th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by March 31st, 2014. (Stupid fare rules — fare expires before purchase period. Meaning, this fare will not last that long).
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Partner Fare Class:
- ORD – MUC (Munich) – BUD (Budapest) – MUC – ORD.
- 9,776 miles
How to Book:
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Hungarian Forint (HUF). $1USD = 227 HUF
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.