There isn’t much to see in Helsinki and you can probably do everything in two days — that’s our experience last year. But it is a good base to visit for the rest of Finland and the Baltics. Estonia for example is a short ferry ride away.
Eating out is pretty expensive — but we had a very good meal at Kuurna for under 40 Euros. Definitely worth going.
Sample Travel Date:
- May 1st – 8th
- Valid for travel until May 16th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advanced routing codes and enter “dl+” on both the outbound and return fields to search only Delta availability. Must purchase by May 2nd
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- SEA – ATL (Atlanta) – AMS (Amsterdam) – HEL (Helsinki)- AMS – SEA
- 13,332 miles or 5.7 cents per mile. Make sure all flights are with a Delta flight number. Any segments with an Air France or KLM flight will result in zero miles with Delta for those segments as they will be booked in V class.
How to Book:
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Delta.com
- Delta’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR) $1USD = 0.77 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Seattle Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Seattle Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.