Malaysia Air just released a fare that allows you to travel to both Tokyo and Hong Kong on one itinerary for $806. The fare is actually to Hong Kong, but allows for stopover in Tokyo for free. Malaysia Air flies between Los Angeles and Tokyo 4x per week (Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday).
Sample Travel Date:
- April 15th – Los Angeles – Tokyo
- April 24th – Tokyo – Hong Kong
- May 1st – Hong Kong – Los Angeles
- Valid for travel until June 9th or June 16th – December 9th. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and multi-city — enable advanced routing codes and enter “mh+” on both the outbound and return fields to search only Malaysia Air Availability. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure
- Malaysia Air only flies between Los Angeles and Tokyo on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday; search only on those days.
- This fare is taking advantage of the free stopover in Japan.
- Fare Class: S and V
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- LAX – NRT (Tokyo) – HKG (Hong Kong) – NRT – LAX
- 14,552 miles or 5.5 cents per mile. Malaysia Air is a member of the oneworld alliance and American Airlines partner. However, this fare will only earn 50% mileage with American. Provide the checkin staff with your American Airlines AAdvantage number to receive credit.
How to Book:
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Orbitz.com. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” select Malaysia Air to find availability.
- To book, you must use multi-city option and manually search for flights only on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday within the valid fare dates above.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar. $1USD = 7.8 HKD
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Japanese Yen (JPY) $1USD = 94.54 JPY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.