The 25% off promotion that Alitalia has is making a few destinations in Europe and beyond relatively cheap for Winter travel. We have not seen Istanbul for under $600 from New York since June, so this is a good deal. We don’t expect prices from New York to Istanbul to be like last year, though, due to Delta pulling out of the Istanbul market for the Winter.
Without the 25% coupon, the normal price is $781!
[Update 10/21/2012 @ 2:00AM Eastern – 25% off code still works]
- January 21st – 28th, 2013. Valid for travel January 21st, 2013 – February 28th, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability, enable advanced routing codes and enter “az+” on both outbound and return fields to search only for Alitalia availability. Must purchase by October 26th.
- JFK – FCO (Rome) – IST (Istanbul) – FCO – JFK
- 10,246 miles or 5.7 cents per mile. Alitalia is a member of the SkyTeam alliance and partners with Delta. This fare will earn 100% mileage with Delta’s SkyMiles program — provide the checkin staff with your Delta SkyMiles number to receive full credit.
- Use dates found at ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and book on Alitalia.com
- Use promotion code SPECIAL at checkout to receive 25% off
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $20. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY) – $1USD = 1.79 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
For more New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.