Ankara is the capital of Turkey. It is a good springboard to visiting the Anatolia region, Cappadocia and the Black Sea coast.
- February 1st – February 8th, 2013. Valid for travel from December 24th – March 31st, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable “advanced routing codes” and enter “tk+” on both the outbound and return field to search for only Turkish Airlines. We see best availability from late January to early March. Must purchase by March 31st, 2013. (This does not mean the fare will be available until then; Turkish can pull this at anytime)
- ORD – IST (Istanbul) – ESB (Ankara) – IST – ORD
- 11,402 miles or 6.0 cents per miles. Turkish Airlines is a partner with United Airlines and is a member of the Star Alliance, you will receive 100% mileage credit with United Airlines. 11,402 miles is almost enough for a one way domestic reward ticket — or up to $250 in value. Provide the Turkish Airlines checkin staff with your MileagePlus number to receive your miles.
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $20. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Turkish Lira (TRY) – $1USD = 1.87 TRY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.