Alitalia is offering 15% off bookings for late Summer and Fall travel for it’s economy and business product. We did a quick check to see how good the offer truly is — two words: PRETTY GOOD. For this exercise, we will use a sample New York to Rome itinerary for October travel.
New York – Rome
- Sample Travel Date – October 9th – 16th
Using the coupon code: wknd15us
Astute readers will notice the following:
- We used a Delta codeshare on the itinerary and Alitalia still discounted the itinerary
- The coupon is a true 15% off discount versus airline coupons that are often just for the base fare. When it is a base fare discount, it is usually a much smaller discount.
- $762 for nonstop service to Rome isn’t that bad!
So how did this compare to other carriers for this travel date? The lowest we found was $835. So this is a good saving over other carriers without discount.
Terms of the promotions:
- Coupon Code: wknd15us
- Must book by August 27th at 12:00PM Eastern
- Must travel from September 1st – November 30th
- The fares are booked in L class. We recommend that if you do book tickets from Alitalia, put the miles with Delta. With Delta, you will earn 100% whereas on Alitalia, they only earn 50%.
- More details on the Alitalia promotion can be found on the Alitalia Promotion Website
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.