Durban is South Africa’s third largest city and provides easy access to the Eastern part of South Africa.
- October 3rd – 10th. Valid for travel from August 21st – October 29th or March 22nd, 2013 – May 15th, 2013. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “kl+” on both inbound and outbound advance routing codes field to search only KLM availability. Must purchase by by March 31st, 2013 (This does not mean the fare will last that long, KLM can pull this at anytime).
- ORD – AMS (Amsterdam) – JNB (Johannesburg) – DUR (Durban) – JNB – AMS – ORD
- 20,006 miles or 5.4 cents per mile. If crediting to Delta SkyMiles, the JNB-DUR segments will not be mileage eligible as it is operated by Comair. As such, mileage earning for Delta will be only 19,412 miles or 5.6 cents per miles. Despite that, you should credit this with Delta as mileage earning is better. If you credit this with KLM’s Flying Blue program, it will only earn 25%. 19,412 miles is almost enough for a free domestic ticket. Remember to provide them your Delta SkyMiles number at check-in to receive your miles — DO NOT CREDIT THIS TO KLM’s program.
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on KLM.com.
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Rand – $1USD = 8 South African Rand (ZAR)
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping