Here is a pretty good sale to Moscow from Chicago. For United flyers, this will earn 100% Elite Qualifying & Redeemable Miles.
- October 5th – 14th. Valid for late September – March, 2013. Scattered availability. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability. Enable advance routing code and input “tk+” on both the outbound and return advance routing code fields. Must purchase by March 31st, 2013 (Turkish can pull this fare at any time).
- ORD – IST (Istanbul) – VKO (Moscow) – IST – ORD.
- 13,106 miles or 5.8 cents per mile. Turkish Airlines is a partner with United Airlines and is a member of the Star Alliance, you will receive 100% mileage credit with United Airlines. Provide the Turkish Airlines checkin staff with your MileagePlus number to receive your miles.
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Russian Ruble (RUB) – $1USD = 31 RUB
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping