Qingdao? What? We haven’t lost it — everyone probably know what is Qingdao without realizing it. If you been to a Chinese restaurant and ordered a Tsingtao beer, you know Qingdao. Qingdao is the new spelling for Tsingtao, just like Beijing is the new Peking, Guangzhou is the new Canton.
Qingdao is known for its beer and seafood.
This is also part of the All Nippon Airways sale that is going on to China.
- November 5th – 14th. Valid for travel from October 28th – December 10th for Monday through Thursday departures. Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and flexible month search to see availability — enable advance routing codes and enter “nh+” on both inbound and outbound advance routing codes field to search only All Nippon Airways availability. Must purchase by August 14th
- JFK – NRT (Tokyo) – TAO (Qingdao) – NRT – JFK. Includes overnight layovers in Tokyo on both outbound and inbound — think of it as an extra free trip.
- 15,684 miles or 5.2 cents per mile. All Nippon Airways (ANA) is a member of the Star Alliance and a partner with United’s MileagePlus program — this fare will earn 100% with United. Provide the checkin staff with your United number to receive full credit.
- Use dates found on ITA Software Matrix Search and book on FLY-ANA.COM
- Visa: US Citizens – required prior to arrival. $140. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Chinese Yuan Renminbi (CNY) – $1USD = 6.3 CNY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping