Buenos Aires is definitely our favorite South American city — the food, the nightlife, the shopping.
- May 10th – May 15th, 2012. Valid for travel from March 1st – June 30th, 2012. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to find exact availability. Use the advance routing search tip we provided previously to find only TAM Airlines flights — the airline code for TAM is “jj.” So in the advance routing code field, enter “jj+”. Must book by December 12th, 2011.
- JFK – GRU (Sao Paulo, Brazil) – EZE (Buenos Aires) – GRU – JFK
- 11,869 miles or 5.1 cents per mile. This is booked in W class and since TAM is partners with United Airlines, you will receive 100% mileage credit for this flight. At checkin, just give them your United MileagePlus #.
Bookable on Orbitz.com. Use the booking tip we provided previouslyfor Tel Aviv fare to search only TAM Airlines. Find the availability on http://matrix.itasoftware.com and input those exact dates on Orbitz with TAM as the preferred airline and you will find the fare.
- Visa: US Citizens do not require a visa, but a $140 reciprocity fee is charged on arrival.
- Currency: Pesos. $1 USD = 4.2 Argentinean Pesos.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping