Israel is about the size of New Jersey and full of activities. It is possible to go to the beaches of the Mediterranean, float in the Dead Sea and then hike through ruins of Crusader castles all in the same day — not that we recommend that. A holiday to Israel does not have to be all about historic, cultural and religious sites and there are plenty of those.
The Fall is a very good time to go, the weather is not hot and humid like the Summer.
This fare is $350 cheaper than what’s currently in the market for Miami and $400 cheaper for Los Angeles. Brussels Airline is a member of Star Alliance — the world’s largest airline alliance.
- November 2nd – November 14th. Valid for travel from October 23rd – December 14th, 2011 and December 24th, 2011 – March 27th, 2011. Availability is good.
- Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to find exact dates. To find only Brussels Airline inventory, under Destinations field is a link called “Advanced Routing Code.” Enable that and on both the outbound and inbound code field, input in “sn+” to search only Brussels Airlines.
For those in NYC – the fare is $747 from Newark to Tel Aviv. It is way over our baseline criterion of cost per mile, but it is a very good fare. That’s about a $400 saving.
- Brussels Airlines codeshares with United and US Airways from North America to Brussels, Belgium. We will only provide a sample routing from Los Angeles
- LAX – IAD (Washington D.C.) – BRU (Brussels) – TLV – BRU – PHL – LAX
- 16,385 miles or 5.7 cents per mile. The fare is 50% mileage earning (L Class), however, if you credit to United, the US – Brussels portion is 100% because United credit codeshares based on the operating carrier (United / US Airways) and not the marketing carrier (Brussel Airlines). So you’ll earn 14,381 miles with this fare from Los Angeles or enough for an one-way domestic award ticket.
Bookable on Orbitz.com. To book this fare, use this link – http://www.orbitz.com/App/ViewRoundTripSearch?&retrieveParams=true&z=3626&r=1e (this is not an affiliate link, so we have no vested financial interest in recommending this). On the screen, you should see “Additional Search Options,” check “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and enter “Brussels Airlines” to have this fare show up.
- Visa: US Citizens do not require a visa.
- Currency: Shekel. $1 USD = 3.7 ILS