The last time we published this deal about 3 weeks ago, it was $940. This is a nice price drop of almost 15%. Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) is a great springboard to visit the rest of Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos.
- April 24th – May 2nd, 2012. Valid for travel from April 22nd – June 9th, 2012 for Monday through Thursday departures. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by December 31st, 2011.
- Sample for New York only
- EWR – NRT (Narita) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – NRT – EWR. For best pricing, avoid NRT as a connection. Connecting via HKG (Hong Kong) would save about $30-40. Showing the most possible price for this itinerary.
- 18,933 miles or 4.3 cents per mile
- Use dates found on matrix.itasoftware.com and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you can have an agent arrange a visa for pickup at arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport for $20-25 handing fee paid upfront + $25 for the Visa payable on arrival. The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 21,009 VND.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Fee Foreign Transaction Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping