Ho Chi Minh City (HCMC) is a great foodie city — go try the pho, the banh mi.. go try it all. This is a very good deal for HCMC from the East Coast. From HCMC, use it as a springboard to see the rest of Vietnam. JetStar and Air Mekong are two low cost carriers in Vietnam.
- May 1st – 9th, 2012. Valid for travel from April 22nd, 2012 – June 9th, 2012 for Monday through Thursday departures. Use http://matrix.itasoftware.com and flexible month search to see availability. Must purchase by November 30th, 2011. For the best price, avoid connecting in NRT (Tokyo)
- Sample routing for New York only.
- EWR (Newark) – HKG (Hong Kong) – SGN (Ho Chi Minh City) – HKG – ORD (Chicago) – LGA (LaGuardia)
- 18,411 miles or 5.1 cents per mile
- Use dates found on matrix.itasoftware.com and book on United.com
- United’s risk free cancellation policy here
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens. Visa required prior to arrival. Prices vary. However, you can have an agent arrange a visa for pickup at arrival at Ho Chi Minh City Airport for $20-25 handing fee paid upfront + $25 for the Visa payable on arrival. The Flight Deal team has used VietnamStay.com in the past for this service. It is much better than sending away your passport.
- Currency: Vietnamese Dong (VND). $1USD = 21,009 VND.