Thanks to the generosity of five of our fans, we ran a giveaway for eight (8) Global Premier and six (6) Regional Premier upgrades with United on Monday. All said, we had 128 entries. The breakdown for entries were:
- 66 were for Regional Premier Upgrades
- 16 were for Global Premier Upgrades
- 46 were ineligible
That’s an unusually high number of ineligible entries. Looking back on our posts, we should’ve been much more explicit on what fare class qualify for an upgrade. For Global Premier Upgrades, (or long haul international routes to South America, Europe and Asia) the following fare classes are not eligible: Z, P, S, T, L, K, G and N). As most cheap international tickets are in the K or L buckets, that is where most ineligible entries came from. Also there were a significant amount of award tickets – United upgrades for award tickets are only complimentary upgrades on domestic itineraries. So neither of these two instruments would have been useful.
Lesson learned. We will do better next time and apologies from us to those who entered with ineligible fare classes due to bad instructions on our part.
Since this is not a random drawing, our guiding principle for upgrade giveaways have been mainly driven by duration. The longer the flight, the more you’re likely to be chosen. Without further ado, here are the winners. We will be in touch today for the necessary information from you so we can relay it to the generous donors to process your upgrades.
Regional Premier Upgrade Winners
- Susan R on January 5, 2015 at 5:15 PM for DEN-HNL
- Yael K. on January 6, 2015 at 7:48 AM for SFO-EWR
- Orlando on January 6, 2015 at 9:41 AM for OGG-DEN-MIA
- Chris on January 6, 2015 at 6:19 PM for HNL-ORD
- Mia on January 5, 2015 at 5:50 PM for MIA – PTY – MVD
- Mike H on January 5, 2015 at 7:46 PM for LAX-IAD-PTY-SCL
Global Premier Upgrade Winners
- Michelle on January 5, 2015 at 10:34 PM for EWR-HKG-BKK
- Chris C on January 5, 2015 at 10:44 PM for SEA-LAX-MEL
- Chonlawit on January 5, 2015 at 10:44 PM for MEL – LAX
- Bruce on January 5, 2015 at 11:15 PM for JFK-LAX-MEL-LAX-JFK
- David on January 6, 2015 at 1:02 AM for TPE-SFO-ORD
- Shandon on January 6, 2015 at 7:48 PM for SFO-LAX-PVG
- Karen on January 6, 2015 at 8:10 PM for RDU-EWR-PVG
- RH on January 5, 2015 at 5:20 PM for EWR – NRT – SIN – NRT – EWR
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.