YEP! It’s hidden and not easily searchable so follow the instructions below. Some dates might be a little higher — availability is limited!
This seems to be an US Airways / AA codeshare loading issue — it will not last. As a point of reference, the last time where a codeshare loading issue happened was in February from Dallas /Miami / Chicago to Europe. We posted that deal at 8:30PM and it was gone by first thing in the morning. This definitely will be corrected soon. We posted this starting with Warsaw on May 23rd at 6:01PM Eastern. It won’t last!
Update 5/24/2014 @ 4:30PM Eastern – 22 hours later and the fare is gone!
- Miami (MIA) – $450ish
- Los Angeles (LAX) – $652
- Philadelphia (PHL) – $485
- Chicago (ORD) – $756 (Bleh)
- Boston (BOS) – $535
- Dallas (DFW) – $607
- Phoenix (PHX) – $652
- Baltimore (BWI) – $586
- Newark (EWR) – $528
- New York – LaGuardia – $528
- Charlotte (CLT) – $593
- Seattle (SEA) – $729 (bleh)
- San Francisco (SFO) – $693
- Atlanta (ATL) – $563
- Detroit (DTW) – $563
- Minneapolis (MSP) – $582
- There are many others — we cannot possibly do them all. If you found a departure city not listed above, please leave a comment!
This is available to most cities in Eastern Europe / Scandinavia:
- Budapest, Hungary (BUD)
- Vienna, Austria (VIE)
- Prague, Czech Republic (PRG)
- Bucharest, Romania (OTP)
- Larnca, Cyprus (LCA)
- Helsinki, Finland (HEL)
- Copenhagen, Denmark (CPH)
- Oslo, Norway (OSL)
- Stockholm, Sweden (ARN)
Prices should be below or near the fare to Warsaw. New York – Vienna is the cheapest at $395! Er, Check that, Chicago – Vienna as low as $343.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Miami to Warsaw
- October 24th – 29th
- Miami to Warsaw: Valid for travel on the outbound from August 24th – October 26th or December 13th – December 23rd. Other destinations will have other valid travel periods – in general, from November – April, 2015.
- Los Angeles / Philadelphia / Chicago / Boston / Dallas / Phoenix / Baltimore / Newark / Charlotte / Seattle/ San Francisco / Atlanta / Detroit / Minneapolis : Valid for travel on the outbound from October 26th – December 11th and 2015
AND 2015 availability too — see the Vienna screenshot below.
How to Search for Availability:
To get these prices, you must route via Philadelphia or Charlotte and on US Airways plane under American flights from US to Europe. The most logical choice is London as the first European connection point, but Madrid, Zurich etc will also work.
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: MIA
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+ lhr
- Just using “aa+” will also work for some city pairs like PHL
- Or use “PHL LHR” instead of aa+ lhr
- Or use “CLT LHR” instead of aa+ lhr
- Destination: WAW
- For Budapest, replace WAW with BUD
- Return Advanced Routing Code: lhr aa+
- Or use “LHR CLT” instead of lhr aa+ to see availability. The fare is there. ITA not running all possible combinations and you have massage it.
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- (For other Departing cities, replace MIA with the airport from the top of the post)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “0-7” (the max date range is 7 days. So 0-7, 5-12, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
Basically, if the first advanced routing code isn’t giving you the price we listed, try the second, then the 3rd option. The fare is there.
- O, Q, or N class
- MIA – PHL (Philadelphia) – LHR (London) – WAW (Warsaw) – LHR – MIA.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- 10,816 miles or 4.2 cents per mile
How to Book:
- Book with AA.COM with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. It is pricing most city combos correctly — it might initially show a higher price, just click thru with the same flights found on ITA and it will price correctly. If AA isn’t pricing it, you can try online travel agencies like Orbitz, CheapOair etc. Some city combos worked and some didn’t.
- Save $400 off your next travel purchase after signing up for the Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard®.* Earn 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days – that’s enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit
For hotel bookings, we recommend that you only book using online travel agencies (Hotels.com, HotelsCombined.com or Hotwire.com) if it is a non-chain hotel. We don’t want you to miss out on earning rewards with chain hotels.
- Accor Hotels
- Sofitel, Pullman, M Gallery, Grand Mercure, Novotel, Mercure, Ibis
- Aloft Hotels
- Country Inns and Suites
- Four Points
- Hilton Hotels
- Waldorf Astoria, Conrad, Hilton, DoubleTree, Embassy Suites, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, Home2
- Intercontinental Group
- Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites
- Le Meridien
- Preferred Hotels & Resorts
- Preferred, Sterling, Summit
- Radisson Hotels
- Radisson Blu, Radisson, Park Plaza, Park Inn, Hotel Missioni
- W Hotels
- Wyndham Hotels
- Wyndham, Tryp, Wingate, Hawthorn, Microtel, Dream, Planet Hollywood, Ramada, Night, Baymont, Days Inn, Super 8, Howard Johnson, Travelodge, Knights Inn
- Avis – US and Canadian Rentals
- Fox Rent A Car
- Payless Car Rental
- Sixt Car Rental – Good Agency for Rentals in Europe
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Check XE.COM
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use accommodation or car rental affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.