This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we encourage you to get vaccinated for safer and more convenient travel.
A good sale to Sydney
American’s $935 fare is a regular economy fare with ONE check luggage, advance seat assignment and normal size carry-on included
American also have a $815 fare, but it is a Basic Economy fare. These Basic Economy fares:
- DO NOT allow for advance seat assignment
- DO NOT include a 2nd checked bag, that will be $100. It does include ONE check bag.
- DO NOT allow for changes
- DO NOT allow for cancellations – so if you cancel after the 24 hour risk free period, the Basic Economy version will have no value for future travel
- Most online travel agencies are not properly displaying these fares as BASIC ECONOMY.
Australia is open to tourists again. Besides all COVID related requirements, you need to get an Electronic Travel Authorization for entry to Australia. There are a lot of scammy sites that sell them for more than the $20AUD that you can get directly from the Australian Government.
Sign up for our Real Time Newsletter to receive economy class deals for your city about an hour before they are even posted on our website and social media channels - all for about a nickel a day.
Interested in Business Class, First Class or Premium Economy deals? Signup for our Premium Newsletter for about a quarter a day.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 1st – 8th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from late October – November. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software and use the following search criteria:
- Origin: PHX
- Origin Advanced Routing Code:
- Routing Codes: aa aa
- Extension Codes: -overnight
- This is instructing Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software to search for the Basic Economy fare. Use those dates on Priceline and you will be presented with the option to upgrade to the regular economy fare.
- Destination: SYD
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Routing Codes: aa aa
- Extension Codes: -overnight
- (Click on Advanced Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Duration “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using Matrix Airfare Search by ITA Software. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- PHX – LAX (Los Angeles) – SYD (Sydney) – LAX – PHX
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 15,720 miles or 5.9 cents per mile
- Loyalty Points: 3,350 points
- Redeemable Miles: 3,350 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Select the $815 fare in the search results and you will be presented with the option to upgrade to a regular fare for $120 more (or $935 total roundtrip). The regular fare with advance seat assignment and ONE check bag included.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD). $1USD = 1.44 AUD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Phoenix Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Phoenix Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.