This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we encourage you to get vaccinated for safer and more convenient travel.
A good sale to/from San Francisco
The $277 fare is the regular fare which allows for normal size carry-on and personal item in addition to advanced seat assignment.
Alaska also have a $217 fare but that is a Basic Economy fare. Alaska Basic Economy fares do not include advance seat assignments, changes, cancellations and boards last.
Sign up for our Real Time Newsletter to receive economy class deals for your city about an hour before they are even posted on our website and social media channels - all for about a nickel a day.
Interested in Business Class, First Class or Premium Economy deals? Signup for our Premium Newsletter for about a quarter a day.
Sample Travel Date:
- October 1st – 4th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from late September – early November or early December or January 2023 – early April 2023 for Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday departures and returns. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Origin: JFK
- Origin Advanced Routing Code:
- Routing Codes: as
- Extension Codes:
- This is instructing ITA to search for the Basic Economy fare. Use those dates on Alaska Air and you will be presented with the option to upgrade to the regular economy fare.
- Destination: SFO
- This works both ways, so JFK can be the Destination and SFO can be the Origin
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Routing Codes: as
- Extension Codes:
- (Click on Advanced Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Duration “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- SFO – JFK (New York) – SFO
- Miles Flown: 5,158 miles or 5.4 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 5,158 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 5,158 miles
How to Buy:
- Book on Alaska Air with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.