This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, we encourage you to get vaccinated for safer and more convenient travel.
A good sale to Madrid. Pricing will vary slightly depending on routing.
The $549 fare includes advance seat assignment, normal size carry-on and one checked bag.
Delta / Air France / KLM Royal Dutch also have a $399 fare, but it is a Basic Economy fare with restrictions. Delta / Air France / KLM Royal Dutch International Basic Economy fares:
- DO NOT allow for advance seat assignment
- DO NOT include checked bags – they are $60 each way for the 1st bag and $100 for the 2nd
- DO NOT allow for changes
- DO NOT allow for cancellations – so if you cancel after the 24 hour risk free period, the Basic Economy version will have no value for future travel
- Most online travel agencies are not displaying Air France / KLM Royal Dutch Basic Economy / Economy Light fares as such.
Sign up for our Real Time Newsletter to receive deals for your city about an hour before they are even posted on our website and social media channels - all for about a nickel a day.
Interested in Business Class, First Class or Premium Economy deals? Signup for our Premium Newsletter for about a quarter a day.
Sample Travel Date:
- January 11th – 19th, 2022
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from November – early December or January 2022 – early March 2022 for Sunday through Wednesday departures and Tuesday through Friday returns. A Sunday stay is required. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: DL DL
- Textbox 2: maxconnect 300
- This is instructing ITA to search for the Basic Economy fare. Use those dates on Priceline and you will be presented with the option to upgrade to the regular economy fare.
- Destination: MAD
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: DL DL
- Textbox 2: maxconnect 300
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- LAX – JFK (New York) – MAD (Madrid) – JFK – LAX
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 12,092 miles or 4.5 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 12,092 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 2,200 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Select the $399 fare in the search results and you will be presented with the option to upgrade to a regular fare for $151 more (or $549 total roundtrip). The regular fare with advance seat assignment and ONE checked bag included.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.85 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.