This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
We strongly encourage our readers to refrain from non-essential travel these next few weeks. Due to COVID-19 we will only feature fares that have availability for travel from August 2021 onward. We will continually assess if that needs to move to an even later date.
A good sale to San Jose
The $368 fare is a regular economy fares that allows for normal size carry-on and personal item in addition to advanced seat assignment.
Delta also have a $258 fare but that is a Basic Economy fare. Delta Basic Economy fares do not include advance seat assignments, changes, cancellations and boards last.
Here are some practical travel tips to Costa Rica.
Sign up for our Real Time Newsletter to receive deals for your city about an hour before they are even posted on our website and social media channels - all for about a nickel a day.
Interested in Business Class, First Class or Premium Economy deals? Signup for our Premium Newsletter for about a quarter a day.
Signup for the SoFi Money account, receive a $50 signup bonus with a $500 deposit and pay no fees at over 55,000 ATMs.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 22nd – 28th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from late August – September. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: BWI
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: DL DL
- Textbox 2: maxconnect 240
- This is instructing ITA to search for the Basic Economy fare. Use those dates on Priceline and you will be presented with an option to upgrade to the regular economy fare
- Destination: LIR
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: DL DL
- Textbox 2: maxconnect 240
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- BWI – ATL (Atlanta) – SJO (San Jose) – ATL – BWI
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 4,418 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 4,418 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 1,160 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Select the $258 fare from the search results and you will be presented with the option to upgrade to a regular fare for $110 more (or $368 total roundtrip). The regular fare with advance seat assignment and normal size carry-on included
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not Required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Costa Rican Colon (CRC). $1USD = 619 CRC
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.