We strongly encourage our readers to refrain from non-essential travel these next few weeks. Due to COVID-19 we will only feature fares that have availability for travel from January 2021 onward. We will continually assess if that needs to move to an even later date.
A good sale to Kilimanjaro.
Here’s some practical travel tips to Zanzibar if you are using Kilimanjaro as a springboard to Zanzibar.
Interested in Business Class, First Class or Premium Economy deals? Signup for our Premium Newsletter for about a quarter a day.
Signup for the SoFi Money account, receive a $50 signup bonus with a $500 deposit and pay no fees at over 55,000 ATMs.
Sample Travel Date:
- October 1st – 8th, 2021
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from March 2021 – mid May 2021 or August 2021 – November 2021. A 7 day minimum stay is required. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: doh
- Textbox 2:
- Destination: JRO
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: doh
- Textbox 2:
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- SFO – DOH (Doha) – JRO (Kilimanjaro) – DAR (Dar es Salaam) – DOH – SFO
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Qatar Airways is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. Mileage earning with American is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 20,998 miles or 3.9 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 10,499 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 5,249 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Qatar Airways link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $100. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Tanzanian Shilling – $1USD = 2,318 TZS
- Proof of yellow fever vaccination also required.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Qatar Airways, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.