We strongly encourage our readers to refrain from non-essential travel these next few weeks. Due to COVID-19 we will only feature fares that have availability for travel from September onward. We will continually assess if that needs to move to an even later date.
A good sale for nonstop service to Tokyo.
ITA will price this at $650, using those dates on Priceline should reprice to $616
Here are some practical travel tips for Tokyo, Japan.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 23rd – 30th
- Valid for travel from September – November for Monday through Thursday departures and returns. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: SQ
- Textbox 2:
- Destination: NRT
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: SQ
- Textbox 2:
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- LAX – NRT (Tokyo) – LAX.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Singapore is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. Mileage earning with United is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 10,874 miles or 5.7 cents per mile
- Redeemable Miles: 0 miles
This will earn 50% mileage on Singapore’s KrisFlyer program.
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Japanese Yen (JPY). $1USD = 108 JPY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.