This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
A good sale to Frankfurt. Pricing will vary slightly depending on routing.
ITA will price this at $393 (Basic Economy), using those dates on Orbitz should reprice to $524 (Regular Economy) / $364 (Basic Economy).
American / British Airways / Finnair / Iberia’s $524 fare is a regular economy fare with ONE checked luggage and normal size carry-on
American / British Airways / Finnair / Iberia also have a $364 fare, but it is a Basic Economy / Economy Light fare. These Basic Economy / Economy Light fares:
- DO NOT allow for advance seat assignment
- DO NOT include checked bags – they are $60 each way for the 1st bag and $100 for the 2nd
- DO NOT allow for changes
- DO NOT allow for cancellations – so if you cancel after the 24 hour risk free period, the Basic Economy version will have no value for future travel
- Most online travel agencies are not properly displaying these fares with American / British Airways / Finnair / Iberia as BASIC ECONOMY.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 4th – 11th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from late October – early December or January 2020 – mid March 2020 for Monday through Thursday departures and returns. A 7 day minimum stay is required. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 28 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: BOS
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: ba LHR ba
- Textbox 2: maxconnect 240
- This is instructing ITA to search for the Basic Economy fare. Use those dates on Orbitz and you will be presented with the option to upgrade to a regular economy fare.
- Destination: FRA
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: ba LHR ba
- Textbox 2: maxconnect 240
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- BOS – LHR (London) – FRA (Frankfurt) – LHR – BOS
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
British Airways is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. Mileage earning with American is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 7,326 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 3,663 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 1,831 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Select the $364 fare in the search results, you’ll be presented with the option to upgrade to a regular fare for $160 more (or $524 total roundtrip). The regular fare with advance seat assignment and ONE checked bag included.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.89 EUR.
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.