A good sale to Oslo.
The $452 fare includes one checked bag each way.
Scandinavian recently introduced Basic Economy / Economy Lights fares for travel to Europe. The $397 fare Basic Economy fare / Economy Lights with restrictions. Scandinavian Airlines Basic Economy / Economy Lights fares DO NOT:
- Include checked bags – they are $60 each way if you buy 22 hours before checkin. It will be $120 at airport checkin
- Allow for changes
- Allow for cancellations – so if you cancel after the 24 hour risk free period, the Basic Economy version will have no value for future purchase
- Most online travel agencies are not displaying Scandinavian Airlines Basic Economy / Economy Light fares as such.
Sample Travel Date:
- September 27th – October 2nd
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from late September – early December or January 2020. A Sunday stay is required. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 28 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: MIA
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: sk
- Textbox 2:
- We are instructing ITA to search for the Basic Economy / Economy Light fare, using those dates on Orbitz and you will be presented with the option to upgrade to a regular economy fare.
- Destination: OSL
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: sk
- Textbox 2:
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- MIA – OSL (Oslo) – MIA
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Scandinavian Airlines is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. Mileage earning with United is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 9,464 miles or 4.8 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 4,732 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 4,732 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Select the $397 fare in the search results, you’ll be presented with the option to upgrade to a regular fare for $55 more (or $452 total roundtrip). The regular fare with ONE checked bag included.
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Norwegian Krone (NOK). $1USD = 8.59 NOK
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.