This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
A good sale to Barcelona.
ITA will price this at $394 (Basic Economy), using those dates on Iberia should reprice to $549 (Regular Economy) / $370 (Basic Economy)
American / British Airways / Finnair / Iberia’s $549 fare is a regular economy fare with ONE checked luggage, advance seat assignment and normal size carry-on
American / British Airways / Finnair / Iberia also have a $370 fare, but it is a Basic Economy / Economy Light fare. These Basic Economy / Economy Light fares DO NOT:
- Allow for advance seat assignment
- Include checked bags – they are $60 each way
- Allow for changes
- Allow for cancellations – so if you cancel after the 24 hour risk free period, the Basic Economy version will have no value for future purchase
- Most online travel agencies are not properly displaying these fares with American / British Airways / Finnair / Iberia as BASIC ECONOMY.
Here are some practical travel tips to Barcelona, Spain.
Sample Travel Date:
- April 16th – 23rd, 2019
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from April 2019 – early May 2019 or mid September 2019 for Sunday through Wednesday departures and Tuesday through Friday returns. A 7 day minimum stay is required. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 28 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: MIA
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: ib+
- Textbox 2: maxconnect 240
- Destination: BCN
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: ib+
- Textbox 2: maxconnect 240
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- MIA – MAD (Madrid) – BCN (Barcelona) – MAD – MIA.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Iberia is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. Mileage earning with American is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 9,424 miles or 5.8 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 4,712 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 2,356 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Iberia link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Iberia labels Basic Economy as “Basic” and regular economy as “Optimal”.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not Required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1 USD = 0.88 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Iberia, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.