Scandinavian Airlines – $453 (Regular Economy) / $398 (Basic Economy): Miami – Copenhagen, Denmark. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
A good sale for nonstop service to Copenhagen
The $453 fare includes one checked bag each way.
Scandinavian recently introduced Basic Economy / Economy Lights fares for travel to Europe. The $398 fare Basic Economy fare / Economy Lights with restrictions. Scandinavian Airlines Basic Economy / Economy Lights fares DO NOT:
- Include checked bags – they are $55 each way
- Allow for changes
- Allow for cancellations – so if you cancel after the 24 hour risk free period, the Basic Economy version will have no value for future purchase
- Most online travel agencies are not displaying Scandinavian Airlines Basic Economy / Economy Light fares as such.
American / British Airways / Iberia have a slightly cheaper fare ($360) but it is a Basic Economy fare without checked bags. If you want to check a bag with that fare, it is $60 each way. In addition, you will need to connect in London or Madrid.
Here are some practical travel tips for Copenhagen, Denmark.
Sample Travel Date:
- January 28th – February 6th, 2019
- Valid for travel from January 2019 – March 2019. A Sunday stay is required. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 28 days in advance of departure
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: MIA
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: sk
- Textbox 2:
- We are instructing ITA to search for the Basic Economy / Economy Light fare, using those dates on Orbitz and you will be presented with the option to upgrade to a regular economy fare.
- Destination: CPH
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: sk
- Textbox 2:
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- MIA – CPH (Copenhagen) – MIA
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Scandinavian Airlines is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. Mileage earning with United is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 9,750 miles or 4.6 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 4,875 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 4,875 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Select the $398 fare in the search results, you’ll be presented with the option to upgrade to a regular fare for $55 more (or $453 total roundtrip). The regular fare with ONE checked bag included.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Danish Krone (CAD). $1USD = 6.58 DKK
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.