This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
A good sale for nonstop service Nairobi.
DUE TO THE EXTREME LOW PRICE – WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT MAKE ANY PREPAID TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS FOR A FEW DAYS.
Here are some practical travel tips for Nairobi.
Update 10/29/2018 @ 9:00AM Eastern – the fare looks gone. while it is still on ITA, when you go to purchase it, it errors out at checkout.
Sample Travel Date:
- January 14th – 22nd, 2019
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel until early December or January 2019 – early May 2019. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure
- Also available from late August 2019 – September 2019 for extra $30.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: kq
- Textbox 2:
- Destination: NBO
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: kq
- Textbox 2:
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- JFK – NBO (Nairobi) – JFK
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Kenya Airways is a member of the SkyTeam Alliance and Delta partner. Mileage earning with Delta is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 14,704 miles or 1.6 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 0 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 0 miles
Kenya Airways is also an Air France / KLM Royal Dutch partner. You will earn 25% mileage with Air France / KLM Royal Dutch’s Flying Blue program with this fare.
How to Buy:
Use this link by copy and paste the booking URL below and replace it with dates and passenger count you found on ITA Matrix:
- Make sure the entirety of the URL above is copy and pasted before editing. If you are missing a character or a string, it will not work.
- On Windows, open Notepad and copy and paste the link above, the edit.
- To change date, change the BOLD section above.
- Month format:
- January = JAN
- February = FEB
- March = MAR
- April = APR
- May = MAY
- June = JUN
- July = JUL
- August = AUG
- September = SEP
- October = OCT
- November = NOV
- December = DEC
- So if the your dates are say February 5th, 2019 – February 12th, 2019, you would replace the first bold date with FEB:05:2019 and the 2nd date with FEB:12:2019. Single digit dates require a zero in front.
- Month format:
- To change the Passenger count, change the RED text in the string above
Yes, the fare is with Kenya Airways, but the booking will be done with Delta Air Lines.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Visa on Arrival for $50. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Kenyan Shilling – $1USD = 101 KES
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.