A good sale to Paris.
The $465 fare is the regular economy fare with advance seat assignment, normal size carry-on and ONE checked bag.
United and its partners Air Canada, Austrian, Lufthansa and Swiss Air also have a $458 fare, but that is a Basic Economy fare. There are slightly variations but the one common theme across all these airlines with European Basic Economy fares, you will pay $60 each way for ONE checked luggage, more for additional bags.
United’s version of Basic Economy for European travel includes:
- Advance seat assignment
- One normal size carry-on plus one personal item
In contrast, its partners like Air Canada, Austrian, Lufthansa, and Swiss:
- Charges for advance seat assignment
- One carry-on up to 18lbs
In general, it is better to take United’s version of the Basic Economy for European fare versus the partners. Remember, if the flight has an United flight number but operated by a partner like Air Canada or Lufthansa, the Basic Economy rules of that carrier applies. If you fly on all United planes, the United version is actually reasonable for most travelers even for those with just a carry-on because of the advance seat assignment and normal size carry-on
Sample Travel Date:
- March 18th – 26th, 2019
- Valid for travel from January 2019 – March, 2019 . A 7 day minimum stay is required. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 28 days in advance of departure
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: ORD
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: ua
- Textbox 2:
- Destination: CDG
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: ua
- Textbox 2:
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- ORD – CDG (Paris) – ORD
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 8,296 miles or 5.6 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 8,296 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 1,700 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search..
- Select the $456 fare in the search results, you’ll be presented with the option to upgrade to a regular fare for $9 more (or $465 total roundtrip). The regular fare with advance seat assignment and ONE checked bag included.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1USD = 0.86 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.