This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
American / British Airways has a good Premium Economy fare to Madrid. The segment over the Atlantic will be in Premium Economy while the segment connecting to that will be in Coach. There is a cheaper fare than the price we showed above but will connect in the United States (New York, Miami or Dallas). That is about $30 cheaper but you will have to spend 5 to 6 hours in coach between Los Angeles and New York or Miami
Using our routing below will ensure you have either American or British Airways’ Premium Economy product between Los Angeles and London. With that routing, you will only spend about two hours in coach between London and Madrid
Delta has a cheaper fare, but Delta does not have a TRUE premium economy product to Europe outside of ONE flight from Detroit to Amsterdam.
(We are testing Premium Economy / Business Class / First Class deals the next few weeks to sort out some workflow and algorithms issues, we will see how it goes and whether to make this a regular feature – for Business Class / First Class deals.)
Sample Travel Date:
- November 9th – 16th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from October – early December or late December – mid March 2019. A Sunday stay is required. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 28 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: aa LHR aa
- Textbox 2: f bc=P
- Destination: MAD
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: aa LHR aa
- Textbox 2: f bc=P
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- Between US and London: P
- London and Barcelona: Q
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- LAX – LHR (London) – MAD (Madrid) – LHR – LAX
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 12,424 miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 17,794 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 4,125 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
Enter your dates, let the results run and then filter for only Premium Economy like this:
Then you will get Premium Economy results:
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not Required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR). $1 USD = 0.83 EUR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.