This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
A rare sale to Cuzco for under $500.
Cuzco is a good starting point to Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. ITA will price this at $482, the best we can price this anywhere is with Orbitz at $489.
Peru is one of the countries with active cases of Zika virus transmission. Please read up on it at the Center for Disease Control if you are planning to go.
Sample Travel Date:
- April 16th – 23rd
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel in April. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: mex lim
- Textbox 2:
- Destination: CUZ
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: lim mex
- Textbox 2:
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- United: G
- Alaska: R
- LATAM: G
- LAX – MEX (Mexico City) – LIM (Lima) – CUZ (Cuzco) – LIM – MEX – LAX. Segments between Los Angeles and Mexico City will be operated by Alaska or United. Segments between Mexico City and Cuzco will be operated by LATAM
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
LATAM is a member of the Oneworld Alliance and American partner. Mileage earning with American is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 9,102 miles or 5.4 cents per miles
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 3,006 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 1,503 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Peruvian Nuveo Sol (PEN) $1USD = 3.23 PEN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.