This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
A good sale to Iguazu Falls.
Great news: Brazil introduced e-Visa for Americans. You no longer need to visit one of their consulates to get a visa to visit. The difference between the e-Visa and one from the consulate:
- e-Visa: Valid for 2 years, 90 days max per visit, $40.
- Consulate issued visa: Valid for 10 years, 90 days max per, $160
- To apply for the e-Visa: Visit Brazili’s e-Visa site.
Sample Travel Date:
- April 23rd – 30th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel from late March – early June or late August – September. A 7 day minimum stay is required. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 14 days in advance of departure
How to Search for Availability:
- This is just to search for availability. To buy your tickets, scroll down to “How to Buy” section of this post
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: IAD
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: bog gru
- Textbox 2: -overnight
- Destination: IGU
- Return Advanced Routing Code:
- Textbox 1: gru bog
- Textbox 2: -overnight
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- The ITA search page should be like below when all values are inputted
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Buy” section below.
- IAD – BOG (Bogota) – GRU (Sao Paulo) – IGU (Iguazu Falls) – GRU – BOG – IAD
- Two permitted at $65 each
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Avianca is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. Mileage earning with United is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 11,130 miles or 4.9 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 5,565 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 2,782 miles
How to Buy:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Allianz Global Assistance – the world leader in travel insurance
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival – $160 – $180. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL) $1USD = 3.15 BRL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.