Visit 3 Cities in One Trip – All Nippon Airways – Starting $358: Los Angeles / Chicago / New York / Newark / San Francisco / Washington D.C. – Bangkok & Kuala Lumpur & Tokyo. Roundtrip, including all Taxes
This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Using a simple open-jaw, you can potentially visit Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok for as low as $358. An open-jaw in ticketing terms is flying into one city and return from a different one. In this case, flying into Kuala Lumpur or Bangkok and then flying back from the other.
You can also add a stopover in Tokyo for about $110 more. So it is possible to visit 3 cities for under $500.
You will need a separate ticket to get between Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok, but due to the numerous low cost carriers, you can frequently find a one-way for under $50 (including checked luggage) with carriers like AirAsia. It is only 750 miles between the two cities or about the same distance as New York to Chicago.
Here’s starting price from the five cities to visit Bangkok and Kuala Lumpur. Adding Tokyo will be $110 more to the listed price below:
- Los Angeles [LAX] – $358
- Chicago [ORD] – $460
- New York / Newark [JFK/EWR] – $430
- San Francisco [SFO] – $480
- Washington D.C. [IAD] – $510
Also, you do not need to start and end in the same city. So you can start in Los Angeles and return to New York. Happy Cinco de Mayo, stay safe.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Los Angeles
- October 18th: Los Angeles to Kuala Lumpur
- October 25th: Bangkok – Los Angeles
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel on the outbound from September – November for Monday through Thursday departures and returns. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Go to Priceline and select “Flights” then “Multi-destination” and enter flights like this:
- Flipping Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok sometimes will lower the price. E.g., LAX – Bangkok // Kuala Lumpur – Los Angeles. So play with the dates
- Adjust dates to find optimal pricing:
- Find a Tokyo stopover for about $100 more by adding the segment like this:
- US Departure City – Kuala Lumpur
- Bangkok – Tokyo
- Tokyo – US Departure City
This will require trial in error. So if your first set of dates don’t price, try another set.
- LAX – NRT (Tokyo – Narita) – KUL (Kuala Lumpur) // BKK (Bangkok) – HND (Tokyo – Haneda) – LAX
- Two permitted for $100 each. None in Guam
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
All Nippon Airways is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. Mileage earning with United is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 17,149 miles or 3.1 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 17,149 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 4,287 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- Priceline’s risk free 24 hour cancellation policy here.
Los Angeles – Kuala Lumpur // Bangkok – Los Angeles for $358:
Los Angeles – Kuala Lumpur // Bangkok – Tokyo // Tokyo – Los Angeles for $470 or about $110 more.
- HotelsCombined - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Search all the hotel and online travel agencies with one search.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Thai Bhat (THB). $1USD = 34.65 THB
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Malaysian Ringgit (MYR). $1USD = 4.40 MYR
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Japanese Yen (JPY). $1USD = 108 JPY
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.