This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Fiji Airways is putting Sydney on sale about $700. Fiji Airways has a generous stopover option for its cheap fares – so you can visit both Fiji and Sydney for about $800.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample to Fiji and Sydney
- Los Angeles to Sydney: May 16th
- Sydney to Nadi: May 23rd
- Nadi to Los Angeles: May 29th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel for travel in May. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: nan
- Destination: SYD
- For other cities, replace SYD with airport code listed above.
- Return Advanced Routing Code: nan /minconnect 2880
- The 2800 after minconnect is telling ITA to search for a connection of at least 2,880 minutes or 48 hours. ITA will start to error out once that number is greater than 4,020 or so, however, longer stopovers are still possible. Using the result as a guideline, play with the stopover length on Orbitz’s multi-destination feature to see if it price. It is trial and error. The stopover can either be on the outbound or return. So if you want to do it on the outbound, just put nan /minconnect 2880 on the Outbound Routing Code field instead of the Return. Then put nan on the Return Advanced Routing Code field versus nan /minconnect 2880
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- LAX – NAN (Nadi, Fiji) – SYD (Sydney) – NAN – LAX
- One permitted.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Fiji Airways is an Alaska partner. Mileage earning with Alaska is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 14,976 miles or 5.5 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 7,488 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 7,488 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Multi-Destination” and enter each segment and dates for those segments individually like this:
- Segment 1: Los Angeles – Nadi
- Segment 2: Nadi – Sydney
- Segment 3: Sydney – Nadi
- Segment 4: Sydney – Los Angeles
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD). $1USD = 1.32 AUD
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Fijian Dollar (FJD). $1USD = 2.08 FJD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.