This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Google integrated the ability to request rides with Uber and other ride sharing services directly within the Google Maps app. As part of the launch of this feature, you can potentially get $15 off your next ride.
To receive the $15 credit, here’s are the steps:
- Open Google Maps app on iPhone or Android phone
- Enter a destination
- Hit the directions button
- Select “Taxi” option – the icon with a person hailing something
- Then you should see a banner for “Book an Uber with Google Maps and get $15 off”
- Select that and link your Google Maps to your Uber
- Once you link your Uber to Google Maps, you can use the credit immediately by requesting the ride there or exit out of Google Maps and the credit will be in your Uber account for later use
We tested this over a dozen phones and only one didn’t get this – could be the Google Maps on the phone wasn’t up to date. So follow the steps above and see if the banner show up for you. The promotion seems to be global and value will differ by country.
Seems like the credit is good until January 31st, 2017 (Uber always show the expiration date for codes the date after true expiration on app).