This site is part of an affiliate sales network and receives compensation for sending traffic to partner sites, such as CreditCards.com. This compensation may impact how and where links appear on this site. This site does not include all financial companies or all available financial offers.
Air France and KLM is putting Iran on sale for about $668 roundtrip. We found availability from:
- San Francisco [SFO]
- Los Angeles [LAX]
- New York [JFK]
- Boston [BOS]
- Washington D.C. [IAD]
If you are planning to go, in addition the long wait time to get a visa (about 2 months for Americans), you must hire a license tour guide. Rapid Travel Chai (he has been pretty much everywhere) wrote about his experience going to Iran. And here’s one from TravelBloggerBuzz on his recent experience.
One bit of interesting tidbit we learned recently: AT&T roaming works in Iran now and is the only carrier with such agreement. So if you have AT&T service, you can get your messages. Remember to get a VPN service if you want to access social media sites like Twitter and Facebook.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from San Francisco
- January 19th – 28th, 2017
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel on the outbound from January, 2017 – early April, 2017. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- For availability from other cities, replace SFO with airport code listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: kl+ /f bc=v
- Destination: IKA
- Return Advanced Routing Code: kl+ /f bc=v
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions below
- Departing from: SFO
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
- SFO – AMS (Amsterdam) – IKA (Tehran) – AMS – SFO
- Not permitted.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Air France / KLM are members of the SkyTeam Alliance and Delta partners. Mileage earning with Delta is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 16,344 miles or 4.1 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 16,344 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 4,086 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Air France link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. (Air France will book both Air France and KLM tickets since they are the same company)
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa Requirements: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Iranian Rial (IRR). $1USD = 31,810 IRR
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Air France, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.