TAP Portugal has a good sale to Paris. Rarely do cheap European fares outside of Icelandair allows for a stopover. But this fare allows you to stopover in Lisbon for up to 84 hours. We are currently in Portugal and a 3 day-ish stopover is a perfect amount of time to get a good feel of Lisbon. We found availability from:
- New York [NYC] – available from both Newark and JFK
- Boston [BOS]
- Miami [MIA]
TAP Portugal flies to ORY (Paris – Orly) versus CDG (Paris – Charles de Gaulle)
Here are some practical travel tips for Lisbon.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York
- New York to Paris: November 14th
- Paris to Lisbon: November 21st
- Lisbon to New York: November 24th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from October – early December. Must purchase at least 7 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: NYC
- For availability from other cities, replace NYC with airport code listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: lis
- Destination: ORY
- Return Advanced Routing Code: lis /minconnect 1440
- The /minconnect 1440 is telling ITA to search for connections of at least 24 hours or 1,440 minutes. We are doing the Lisbon stopover on the return – if you want the stopover on the outbound, use lis /minconnect 1440 on the Outbound routing code field instead. Change the 1440 to something longer to search for your optimal stopover. Remember, this fare only allows up to an 84 hour stopover or 5,040 minutes. ITA will error out with searches over 4,000 minutes tho.
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: NYC
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- JFK – LIS (Lisbon) – ORY (Paris – Orly) – LIS – JFK
- One permitted in Lisbon for up to 84 hours.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
TAP Portugal is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. Mileage earning with United is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 8,500 miles or 5.8 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 0 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 0 miles
This fare will earn 10% mileage with Aeroplan.
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Expedia link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Multiple destinations” and enter each segment along with the respective dates for those segments individually for it to price.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Euro (EUR) . $1USD = 0.90 GBP
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Miami / Fort Lauderdale Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Expedia, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.