A good sale to Bulgaria. ITA will price this at $630, but when you go and price this on CheapOair, it will be $288. Other days in the $640s should also price lower.
Sample Travel Date:
- November 12th – 19th
- Valid for travel from November or January, 2017 – mid March, 2017. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: JFK
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: bru
- Destination: SOF
- Return Advanced Routing Code: bru
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- Brussels Air: K
- Bulgarian Air: Q
- JFK – BRU (Brussels) – SOF (Sofia) – BRU – JFK. The segments between New York and Brussels will be operated by Brussels Air. Segments between Brussels and Sofia will be operated by Bulgarian Air.
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 9,448 miles or 3.0 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 7,338 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 3,667 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our CheapOair link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Bulgarian Lev (BGN). $1USD = 1.78 BGN
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the CheapOair, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.