A good sale to Hong Kong on United and Cathay Pacific for late Summer and Fall travel from:
- San Francisco [SFO] – nonstop for both United and Cathay Pacific
- Los Angeles [LAX] – nonstop for Cathay Pacific. United will be a few dollars more
- Chicago [ORD] – nonstop for both United and Cathay Pacific
- New York / Newark [NYC] – nonstop for both United and Cathay Pacific
- Boston [BOS] – nonstop for Cathay Pacific. United will be a few dollars more
United out of Los Angeles and Boston will be $15 more.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from San Francisco on United
- August 29th – September 5th
- Valid for travel on the outbound from late August – early October. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: SFO
- For availability from other cities, replace SFO with airport code listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: ua+ /f bc=k
- For Cathay Pacific availability, replace ua+ /f bc=k with cx on the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Code fields
- Destination: HKG
- Return Advanced Routing Code: ua+ /f bc=k
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “5-12” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: SFO
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- United: K
- Cathay Pacific: Q (Non-mileage earning with American. 25% with British Airway and Cathay Pacific)
Elite Qualifying Dollars:
- SFO – HKG (Hong Kong) – SFO.
- United: Two permitted for $100 each. None in Guam
- Cathay Pacific: Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Global Premier Upgrade Fare (for United 1K and GS members):
- W Class
- $1,022 (will vary depending on departure city)
- Miles Flown: 13,810 miles or 4.6 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 13,810 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 2,779 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Priceline link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you enter “United” or “Cathay Pacific” on the Airline textbox under the Advanced Options section of the form.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Hong Kong Dollar (HKD). $1USD = 7.8 HKD
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Priceline, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.