A good sale to Budapest. ITA will price this at $629, but when you buy it via Swiss, it will be $611.
Turkish Airlines has some dates for slightly cheaper but it is non-mileage earning. This Swiss fare will earn 50% elite and redeemable miles with United. Assuming a penny a mile, the mileage is worth at least $60 depending on how you use it. If you want to travel for less, collecting miles is one way to do it. In addition, the flight times with Swiss will be shorter than Turkish.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Los Angeles
- January 25th – February 1st
- Valid for travel on the outbound until April. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: LAX
- For San Francisco availability, replace LAX with SFO on the Departing from: field
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: lx+ /f bc=K
- Destination: BUD
- Return Advanced Routing Code: lx+ /f bc=K
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: LAX
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- LAX – ZRH (Zurich) – BUD (Budapest) – ZRH – LAX
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Swiss is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. Mileage earning when crediting to United as follows
- Miles Flown: 12,840 miles or 4.8 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 6,420 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 6,420 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Swiss link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – not required. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Hungarian Forint (HUF). $1USD = 293 HUF
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap Los Angeles Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Los Angeles Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Swiss, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
To make sure you receive our latest deals, LIKE our The Flight Deal Facebook Page, follow us on Twitter @TheFlightDeal, or subscribe to The Flight Deal RSS Feed or Subscribe via Email (Once a Day)
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.