A very good sale to/from Kona with WINTER availability! Only downside is an overnight layover in LA if you fly American on outbound and extremely long layovers (8+ hours but not overnight) in Seattle if you fly Alaska on the outbound and return. These can be purchase as one-ways, so it is possible to fly Alaska in one direction and American in another to not deal with the overnight.
Also, you must purchase by 11:59PM, November 16th (TODAY)
Update 11/16/2015 @ 7:30PM Eastern. Also available from Boston for $509 and Philadelphia for $534.
Update 11/16/2015 @ 7:35PM Eastern. Also available from Washington D.C. for $547
Update 11/16/2015 @ 9:50PM Eastern – American availability gone. Still available with Alaska Air.
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York on American
- January 12th – 18th, 2016
- Valid for travel until mid-February, 2016. Blackout dates around the holidays. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure and by NOVEMBER 16th (TODAY)
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: NYC
- For Boston availability, replace NYC with BOS
- For Philadelphia availability, replace NYC with PHL
- For Washington D.C. availability, replace NYC with WAS
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=o
- That’s the letter O and not number zero
- For Alaska availability, replace aa+ /f bc=o with as+ /f bc=r on the Outbound and Return Advanced Routing Code fields
- Destination: KOA
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=o
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: NYC
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- American: O
- Alaska: R. American flyers flying on Alaska with this particular fare will earn zero American miles.
- JFK – LAX (Los Angeles) – KOA (Kona) – LAX – JFK. Use NYC on Orbitz to search for JFK, LGA and Newark availability.
- Miles Flown: 9,942 miles or 5.0 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 9,942 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 9,942 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search. Make sure you select “Additional Search Options” and then “Narrow the search to my preferred airlines” and select American or Alaska
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Philadelphia Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Philadelphia Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Boston Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Boston Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.