The sale from last week is back and this time, it is also available from Washington D.C.
The wait time for a Brazilian Visa at the moment is very long at the New York Consulate. The next available appointment at the moment is in January, 2016. This wait time at Consulates in other cities are long too. So unless you already have a Brazilian Visa, it is not advisable for you take advantage of this deal if you want to go this year.
We found availability from:
- Washington D.C. [WAS]
- Newark [EWR]
- San Francisco [SFO]
- Chicago [ORD]
- Cleveland [CLE]
Update 11/11/2015 @ 2:20PM Eastern – fare gone
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Washington D.C. to Rio de Janeiro
- January 25th – February 1st, 2016
- Valid for travel until early December or January, 2016 – early June, 2016 or for Monday through Thursday departures. Availability is limited in 2016 for some cities. Must purchase at least 1 day in advance of departure and by November 11th (TODAY)
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: WAS
- For availability from other cities, replace WAS with airport codes listed above
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=O
- That’s the letter O and not number zero
- Destination: GIG
- For Sao Paulo availability, replace GIG with GRU on the Destination: field
- Return Advanced Routing Code: aa+ /f bc=O
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Departing from: WAS
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- DCA – JFK (New York) – GIG (Rio de Janeiro) – JFK – DCA
- One permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 10,032 miles or 4.4 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 10,032 miles
- Base Redeemable Miles: 10,032 miles
How to Book:
- Support us by using our Orbitz link to book with dates found on ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search.
- TripAdvisor - One of the leading hotel meta-search engines. Find the lowest hotel prices from 200+ sites.
- Rental Cars - One of the world’s leading car rental agencies. Includes all the major brands like Hertz, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise etc.
Activities and Tours
- Viator – The world's largest marketplace for destination activities and tours
- Visa: US Citizens – Required prior to arrival – $160 – $180. Other nationals, check the TIMATIC Visa Database
- Currency: Brazilian Real (BRL) $1USD = 3.75 BRL
Tips for saving when using credit cards at international destinations:
- No Foreign Transaction Fee Credit Cards to save on international purchases
- Don’t get hit with Dynamic Currency Conversion
- Get your taxes refunded when shopping
- How to Avoid International Data Roaming Charges
For more of the latest cheap San Francisco / Bay Area Flight Deals:
For more of the latest cheap New York Flight Deals:
- Go to the The New York Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Chicago Flight Deals:
- Go to the The Chicago Flight Deals page
For more of the latest cheap Washington D.C. / Baltimore Flight Deals:
* The Flight Deal will receive a commission if you use the Orbitz, accommodation, car rental, activities, or travel insurance affiliate links to make a booking or apply and is approved for a credit card using our link above. Thank you for your continuing support.
The Flight Deal does not sell travel products or services. We provide you with information about third-party travel suppliers’ offers, and link you to their sites. The information posted by The Flight Deal is valid at the time of publication. However, we have no control over the suppliers, and we therefore do not warrant or guarantee that their offers will not change or become unavailable. Nor are we responsible for their products, services or site content. Please see their sites for their most up-to-date offer information and all applicable terms and conditions.